From: Knapp Samantha <email@example.com>
Subject: Tiger Lilys Growth Pulse 2
Date: March 10, 2013 2:30:50 PM EDT
To: Knapp Bob <RJK02@OPTONLINE.NET>, Bays Laura <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Betsy Knapp <email@example.com>
Greetings Team Tiger Lily’s,
Luck & Strategy:
I say team because we are one unit. We are all working together to grow the business. There is so much potential surrounding us. It is an exciting and special time to be at Tiger Lily’s. We are part of an experience where were are tapping into existing potential that has already been given to us. This week I have woken up excited to go the design studio. Everyone should have that attitude. Work is fun and rewarding and we are blessed with this opportunity to be working together. We are sharpening the definition of our existing brand and pursuing new opportunities for its evolution. Growth is a combination of Luck & Strategy. It is the perfect balance of management, market and money.
- I encourage you all to take some time brainstorming how to innovate our business. Look for quality improvements, customer retention ideas, systems & processes efficiency, new product or new services and markets & selling.
Currently our customers are homeowners in Fairfield & Westchester Counties and New York City and on the internet. Locally they are dual homeowners, who have a disposable income to spend on interior luxuries. The have a budget to spend recreationally. Our customers are educated, cultured, understand design trends in the market and can respond to trends. Our consumer wants the very best and demands good service and high quality. They are willing to pay market price. We are in the service business and it is our goal to meet the needs of this customer.
- One means to this end is to be more active in the community. As a community based store we must support the charities that service the community. We should donate to auctions, when possible, look for event partnerships and build relationships with the media. They Opportunities as a clearer means to know our community. This week we donated pillows to the YWCA. Laura filled out the donation form for the flower bow-tie pillows.
- Communicate with clients. It is proven that if you do not ask, you will not receive. If we want more clients we must ask for them. One way is to have intentional conversations with existing clients and ask them for referrals to friends who could benefit from our services. Likeminded people surround themselves with likeminded people. We want the word to spread.
- Listen and engage in conversations with our industry resources. Our trade reps in companies like Kravet, Robert Allen and Clarence House have their own network. Look for opportunities to synergy. I can report first hand that conversations in this manner for me this week lead to three new opportunities for awareness and growth. I am grateful to the process and realize that life proves over and over that we exists in a universe that supports the kindness and support from others.
- An internet exchange inquiring about the Lawyer Pictures from London. We have gone global, we have crossed the pond. The story behind the exchange is funny. It did not lead to a sale but from global interest comes a global purchase.
- We had a meeting with #Macinspires. We talked about better communication, technology needs and solutions to increase our communication internally and beyond.
- We have committed to #designmanger. This program will open our doors for growth. The organizing capabilities of this program well help track sales clearer and with more careful attention to the exact experience. We will have greater knowledge and breakdown by clients tastes and desires. We will have clearer day to day gauge of our vendor relationships. Which products and vendors create the best sources of revenue.
- New England Home Magazine: www.nehomemag.com. This is an amazing accomplishment for us. I am so proud of this moment. Wednesday we got a phone call from the publisher of the magazine. Its current circulation is more than 60-thousand. According the website, “Our readers reside in homes valued at over $1 million plus, which is combined with a household income of over $275.00.” This is our target audience. We will be featured in the “Sketch Pad” at the close of the publication. It is the story of product and idea creation fcused on our Hexagon Metal Ottoman. This week we will finalize pictures and story line to share with readers. This is an amazing opportunity and prove that our media awareness is growing. It is align with our longterm targets.
Sent: 3/9/2013 9:22:19 AM
Subject: POSITIVE THINKING
I believe the route lesson of the Goldman Sachs 10-Thousand Small Business Program is positive thinking. To make your business your intention.
I set out two weeks ago with a goal to increase media awareness of Samantha Knapp for Tiger Lily’s Greenwich.
I received two opportunities, Hyland Magazine and New England Home Magazine. With the help of the program I am learning anything you believe and work toward is possible. It shows up for you.
Have a great weekend. See you Monday
HIs response: “Awesome. Keep up the good work”. I encourage you all to do the same. As BK quoted on this month’s believable board:
“After ending a day you should never say “I could have…I should have… I would have… at the end of the day, you should only say I did.”